- Program Length: One Year
- Tuition: $4,500 per year
- Stipend: $48,000 per year
- Degree/Certificate: Certificate
- Application Deadline: November 1
General Application Guidelines
- Admission requires the D.M.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- A "B" average or ranking in the upper third of the graduating class and National Dental Board Exam scores of 85 or higher are expected.
- Only those application packets that are complete and received by the deadline are forwarded to the program director for consideration.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all materials are submitted and that their file is complete.
- Apply early!
All Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Complete PASS application. PASS fees are as follows:
- Base application processing fee (one program, one essay): $185
- Additional programs: $65 each
- Additional essays: $35 each
- Additional designations: $65 for each program designation after your original application mailing.
- Non-refundable application fee of $140.00 payable to "CWRU School of Dental Medicine".
- Official undergraduate transcripts.
- Official dental school transcripts (may be submitted to PASS).
- A current CV (equivalent may be submitted to PASS).
- An offical NBDE score report (may be submitted to PASS).
- Match number (may be submitted to PASS).
- Three letters of recommendation from basic science and clinical dentistry instructors or other individuals competent to evaluate your qualifications and abilities. A Dean's letter may be counted as one of the three (may be submitted to PASS).
- Photograph (Optional at this time, but required if invited to interview)
Application Status Updates
Once the admissions office receives your application, you will be notified via email of any missing documentation throughout the application cycle, and up to the application deadline. Once the application deadline is reached and your application is complete, we will forward your file to the program director. Please contact the program director for future questions on the program selection process.
Notice to Re-Applicants
Applications to our programs are kept on file for two years. In order to re-activate your application, you must send an email to the office of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your desire to re-apply to a program. You must also pay a $125 application fee.
Additional Requirements for International Students
Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). We do accept a score reported from IELTS in lieu of a TOEFL score. In order to be admitted, the applicant must score above one of the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL Paper-Based Test: 550
- TOEFL Computer-Based Test: 213
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: 90
- IELTS Test: 6.5
The TOEFL identification number for Case Western Reserve University is: 1105
The Department code for the School of Dental Medicine is: 38
All materials not sent through PASS should be sent to our office:
Office of Graduate Studies
Case School of Dental Medicine
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905 USA
Early applications are recommended. Incomplete applications will not be sent to the program director for review.