Discovering the Future of Dental Medicine
From The Dean
A message from Dean Kenneth B. Chance.
READ MORE >
See how one honor exemplifies the spirit of the school.
WATCH VIDEO >
It is with great gratitude that I thank you for your participation and generous contributions in FY13 to the School of Dental Medicine. Your gifts of time, talent and treasure have truly been transformational in creating and expanding tremendous opportunities for our students. The following highlights give us all great reason to celebrate:
- Over $9 million in NEW cash and pledges for the year thanks to generous, philanthropic support from our Alumni & Friends.
- We began our "Discovering the Future" campaign with an initial target of $25 million. Today we celebrate a campaign attainment of over $37 million for student scholarship support! Our hope is to exceed $40 million by 2016.
- A record-breaking Annual Fund achievement of over $458,000 in support of student scholarships, student recruitment initiatives, faculty and student research programs and technology upgrades. Participation, in any amount, directly benefits our well-deserving students.
- We welcomed 65 new dentists from the class of 2013 into our profession and our Alumni Association.
- 40 endowed scholarship funds for talented students in need of financial assistance.
- Close to 50 named endowment funds that continue to provide vital support throughout the school.
- A new four-year, $1.58 million grant from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, will allow Yiping Han, professor of periodontics, to advance her work linking oral bacteria to fetal death.
- More than 260 dedicated volunteers provide valuable clinical instruction and guidance to our students.
- The re-launch of our website http://dental.case.edu
- At our Celebration of Philanthropy event held in June, we honored and recognized the following alumni for their generous support of the school in FY13
- $25,000 - $49,000
Jackie Berkowitz, D.D.S., M.S '73, '75
Jeffrey O. Capes, D.M.D., M.D. '96, '09
William W. Francis, D.D.S. '81
Lawrence S. Frankel, D.M.D., M.S.D. '77, '81 and Bonnie A. Frankel
John R. Mascaro, D.M.D., M.D. '92
Refresh Dental Practice Management
Benjamin L. Schechter, D.D.S. '74
- $50,000 - $99,000
Anthony P. Bastulli, D.D.S. '86
Delta Dental Foundation
- $100,000 - $249,000
John R. Blakemore, D.D.S. '71, '75
Joong Hee Hahn, D.D.S., M.S.D. '90, '92 and Hui-Jin Lee, D.D.S., M.S.D. '92, '95
John Hudec, D.D.S. and Hudec Dental
Jack Love, D.D.S. '58
E. Karl Schneider '71
Mt. Sinai Health Care Foundation
The Helen F. Stolier and Louis Stolier
- $250,000 - $500,000
Thanks to the participation and continued commitment of good friends and loyal alumni, we have a wonderful opportunity to continue to build upon our tradition of excellence in dental education. I extend my deepest gratitude to all who support the school. Your participation collectively makes a huge impact and every gift truly makes a difference.
Jerold S. Goldberg, D.D.S. '70
Henry Schein, Inc., the world’s largest provider of health care products and services to the dental industry, has made a $1 million gift to the Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine’s Discovering the Future of Dental Medicine fundraising campaign. Read more about the Henry Schein Inc. Donation>