General Application Guidelines
- Applicants must possess United States or Canadian citizenship or US permanent residency.
- Admission requires the D.M.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- A "B" average or ranking in the upper third of the graduating class and National Dental Board Exam scores of 85 or higher are expected.
- Only those applications that are complete and received by the deadline are forwarded to the program director for consideration.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all materials are submitted and that their file is complete.
- Apply early!
All Applicants must:
- Complete PASS application.
- Non-refundable application fee of $145.00 payable at http://dental.case.edu/graduate/payfee
- Re-applicants must fully complete a new application and pay all fees.
Application Status Updates
Once the admissions office receives your application, you will be notified via email of any missing documentation throughout the application cycle, and up to the application deadline. Once the application deadline is reached and your application is complete, we will forward your file to the program director. Please contact the program director for future questions on the program selection process.
Additional Requirements for International Students
Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). We do accept a score reported from IELTS in lieu of a TOEFL score. In order to be admitted, the applicant must score above one of the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL Paper-Based Test: 550
- TOEFL Computer-Based Test: 213
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: 90
- IELTS Test: 6.5
The TOEFL identification number for Case Western Reserve University is: 1105
The Department code for the School of Dental Medicine is: 38
All materials should be sent through PASS. Additional inquiries to the Office of Graduate Studies:
Office of Graduate Studies
Case School of Dental Medicine
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905 USA
Early applications are recommended. Incomplete applications will not be sent to the program director for review.