Thomas Montagnese, DDS
Assistant Professor, Department of Endodonticsthomas.email@example.com 216-368-6754 (o)
Certificate in Endodontics, M.S., The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
D.D.S., The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
Pre-Dentistry, University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH)
Assistant Clinical Professor
Assistant Clinical Professor
Endodontic Department - Head
Academic and Professional Activities
Lorain County Dental Society (President)
Ohio Association of Endodontists (Life Member, President 1989-1990, Graduate Endodontic Program Presentations Chair, Continuing Education Program Chair)
American Association of Endodontists (Life Member, Scope of Endodontics Statement Committee Member, AAE Foundation Committee Member)
American Dental Association (Life Member)
Ohio Dental Association (Life Member)
American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (Active Member)
American Dental Education Association (Active Member)
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center (formerly University Hospitals Case Medical Center)
Interim appointment 8/25 to 12/23/2016
Appointment 12/24/2016 to present
Division: Pediatric Dentistry
University Faculty Senate
University Senate Committee on Libraries
Dental Education Committee
Committee on Student Standing and Promotion
Committee on Faculty/Student Affairs
Committee on Clinical Affairs (Endodontics)
Search Committee, Endodontic Department CHair
Hiring Team, Endodontic Department
- 2nd Mansoura International Dental Congress, Mansoura, Egypt, November 30 – Dec 2, 2016. Speaker and Chairman
- Presentation. “The Cracked Tooth: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis”
- Presentation. “The Use of the Operating Microscope in Endodontic/Dental Practice”
- Chairman. Presentation introductions.
- Future University of Egypt 3rdInternational Dental Conference, Cairo Egypt, March 8 – 11, 2016.Speaker.
- Presentation: “Digital Radiograph: Advantages and Uses in Dental Practice”
- Presentation: “The Use of the Surgical Operating Microscope in Endodontic/Dental Practice”
- World Congress on Dental Research 2015, Dubai, UAE, November 23-25, 2015.
- Program moderator
- Presentation on “Minimal and Moderate Sedation Techniques in Dental Practice”
- Egyptian Dental Syndicate Second Annual Meeting, Cairo, Egypt, Sep 1 – 4, 2015.
- Presentation: “Mild and Moderate Sedation in Dental Practice”
- American Association of Endodontists, 2015 Annual Session.“Intravenous Sedation in Endodontic Practice”
- American Association of Endodontists Annual Session 2012, “How to implement intravenous moderate sedation in endodontic practice”
- American Association of Endodontists Annual Session 2011, “Why intravenous moderate sedation should be taught in graduate endodontic programs”
1. The Effect of Various Concentrations of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen on the Hypersensitive Gag Reflex. De Veaux CK, Montagnese TA, Heima M, Aminoshariae A, Mickel A. Anesth Prog. 2016 Winter;63(4):181-184.
2. Assessment of patients' awareness and factors influencing patients' demands for sedation in endodontics. Huh YK, Montagnese TA, Harding J, Aminoshariae A, Mickel A. J Endod. 2015 Feb;41(2):182-9. doi: 10.1016/j.joen.2014.10.009.
3. An analysis of moderate sedation protocols used in dental specialty programs: a retrospective observational study. Setty M, Montagnese TA, Baur D, Aminoshariae A, Mickel A. J Endod. 2014 Sep;40(9):1327-31. doi: 10.1016/j.joen.2014.05.015.
4. A clinical report of the management of episodic idiopathic pruritus occurring during endodontic therapy. Montagnese TA, Setty M. J Endod. 2013 Mar;39(3):415-6. doi: 10.1016/j.joen.2012.10.010.
5. Why intravenous moderate sedation should be taught in graduate endodontic programs. Montagnese TA. J Dent Educ. 2012 Mar;76(3):288-90.
6. A comparative study of the Gow-Gates technique and a standard technique for mandibular anesthesia. Montagnese TA, Reader A, Melfi R. J Endod. 1984 Apr;10(4):158-63.