General Application Guidelines
- Admission requires the D.M.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- A "B" average or ranking in the upper third of the graduating class and National Dental Board Exam scores of 85 or higher are expected.
- Only those PASS applications that are complete and received by the deadline are forwarded to the program director for consideration.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all materials are submitted and that their file is complete.
- Apply early!
All Applicants must:
- Complete PASS application.
- Submit ADAT score report.
- Submit non-refundable application fee of $145.00 payable online at http://dental.case.edu/graduate/payfee
Notice to Re-Applicants
Re-applicants must fully complete a new application and pay all fees.
Additional Requirements for International Students
Applicants who have graduated from a non-English speaking dental school and for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). We do accept a score reported from IELTS in lieu of a TOEFL score. In order to be admitted, the applicant must score above one of the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL Paper-Based Test: 550
- TOEFL Computer-Based Test: 213
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: 90
- IELTS Test: 6.5
The TOEFL identification number for Case Western Reserve University is: 1105
The Department code for the School of Dental Medicine is: 38
There is no financial aid given to international students enrolled in the M.S.D. programs. A letter of "proof of support" must be submitted when a student is accepted into a program. Applicants must establish that they have available financial resources sufficient to complete the program uninterrupted. All on-campus work-study employment for international students must be cleared by the individual program director and the University Office of International Students.
We recommend that applicants to all our graduate programs take the National Board Dental Exams and score at least an 85 on both parts. In many cases, and especially in the case of foreign-trained applicants, applicants have not taken this test. In this case, we require scores from another standardized test, such as the GRE, though the most qualified candidates will have taken the NBDE.
All materials should be sent through PASS. Additional inquiries to the Office of Graduate Studies:
Case Western Reserve University
Office of Graduate Studies
School of Dental Medicine
2124 Cornell Road
Cleveland, OH 44106-4905 USA
Early applications are recommended. Incomplete applications will not be sent to the program director for review.